Nuxe respects your concerns regarding the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you and abides by the applicable laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China.
This includes information collected offline through direct marketing campaigns, and online through our Chinese Website (nuxechina.cn in china and cn.nuxe.com worldwide), or applications or branded pages on third party platforms (ex: WeChat) (“Nuxe Sites”).
In the event you receive offers and advertisements for Nuxe products and services from third party websites, platforms or applications (ex: Sephora), these third party websites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those third party websites.
2.DATA SUBJECT CONSENT
Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights and interests.
3.TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
• Information you give us directly
- email address
- telephone number
- posts and other content you submit to Nuxe Sites
- any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us
• Information collected automatically when you use the Nuxe Sites
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
• your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using third party sites Information we collected from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from other legitimate sources, including information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- your shopping habits
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
4.PURPOSES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may use your personal information to:
• improve our products and your experience on the Nuxe Sites.
- evaluate the use of the Nuxe Sites, products and services
- analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements and promotions
- personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- make the Nuxe Sites easier to use and to better tailor the Nuxe Sites and our products to your interests and needs
- help speed up your future activities and experience on the Nuxe Sites. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- collect information about the device you are using to view the Nuxe Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Nuxe Sites present the best web experience for you
• to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you (new product launch, promotional offers, promotional events, beauty classes and/or demonstrations, PR events, VIP gatherings value sets, shop opening events, store announcement/events, events with shopping malls, department stores, celebrities, magazines, television, websites, brand joint promotions, etc.), provided you have given us consent to do so (or you have not expressed your refusal) or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
• to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
We may use your personal information to send you information, products or samples that you have requested or to respond to your queries or comments.
5.RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
• our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions
• third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered
• law enforcement or government authorities where they have requested us to disclose the information
• third party providers of services, such as website hosting services provider
• web analytics tool providers, such as Google
We may share your personal information to:
• conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
• detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
• comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests
Nuxe does not sell personal information (except to an entity in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business).
6.CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not store your personal information on servers located outside the People’s Republic of China. However, we may, from time to time, transfer your personal information to another Nuxe Group company or affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries when it is necessary for business needs.
By using a Nuxe Site or otherwise providing Nuxe China with personal information, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
7.SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, accurate, complete, up-to-date and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification, interference, loss or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and services providers on a need-to-know basis and/or pursuant to confidentiality obligations.
8.PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Your personal information is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and in any case, pursuant to the applicable laws and regulations in force in the People’s Republic of China.
When viewing our content, information relating to the navigation of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc..) can be stored in files "cookies" installed on your device, subject to the choices that you expressed regarding cookies and that you can change at any time.
When you visit our Nuxe Site(s), we may, subject to your choice, install various cookies on your device that allows us to recognize the browser of your device for the duration of the cookie. Our cookies are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices, resulting of your browser’s settings when you visit our Site.
Cookies allow us:
- To adapt the layout of our website (language, resolution, operating system used, etc.) to display preferences of your device when you visit our Nuxe Site, depending of visualization and reading hardware and software your terminal uses;
- To determine the date of your last visit to the website, the pages you visit, the files you download (if applicable) and the type of browser, the number of people who visit the website and the frequency of these visits, to personalise content, respond to your requests regarding products and services, and keep you informed about new products;
- To store information that you filled on our website (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen our site;
- To enable you to access to restricted areas on our website, such as your account with identifiers or data that you have possibly previously fulfilled;
- To implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to a content or service after a certain period of time.
You can choose at any time to express and edit your wishes regarding cookies, by the means described below.
You can configure your browser so that cookies are stored on your device or on the contrary, they are rejected, either systematically or by the issuer. You can also configure your browser so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies will be proposed from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be stored in your device. The "help" function on the toolbar on most web browsers will instruct you on how to prevent the browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies and how to disable cookies altogether.
10. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us either by letter to the following address (…) or by email to (…).
You have the right, at any time, and free of charge, to tell us if you:
• don't want to be contacted in the future by us
• would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records
• wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name, details with a copy of your ID card/passport.